I am an FNRS chargé de recherche. I am interested in quantum computation, the foundations of quantum mechanics, category theory and its application in computer science, logic and physics, and graphical techniques for reasoning.
I initiated the quantomatic project, which aims to produce a graphical theorem prover, intended for reasoning about quantum systems.
I am organising the 9th Quantum Physics and Logic workshop, taking place in Brussels 10-12 October 2012.
I am organising the LIQ seminar. It's on friday mornings at 11h00.
- A graphical approach to measurement-based quantum computing, Ross Duncan arXiv:1203.6242
- Strong complementarity and non-locality in categorical quantum mechanics, Bob Coecke, Ross Duncan, Aleks Kissinger, Quanlong Wang arXiv:1203.4988
- Open Graphs and Computational Reasoning, Lucas Dixon, Ross Duncan, Aleks Kissinger arXiv:1007.3794
- Symmetry, Compact Closure and Dagger Compactness for Categories of Convex Operational Models, Howard Barnum, Ross Duncan, Alexander Wilce arXiv:1004.2920
- Classifying all mutually unbiased bases in Rel, Julia Evans, Ross Duncan, Alex Lang, Prakash Panangaden arXiv:0909.4453
- Interacting Quantum Observables: Categorical Algebra and Diagrammatics, Bob Coecke and Ross Duncan, New J. Phys. 13 (2011) 043016 DOI: 10.1088/1367-2630/13/4/043016 PDF
- Rewriting measurement-based quantum computations with generalised flow, Ross Duncan and Simon Perdrix, in Abramsky et al., (ed.s) Proceedings of ICALP 2010 Part II, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 6199, pp285-296, Springer, 2010. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-14162-1_24 PDF
- Generalised Proof-Nets for Compact Categories with Biproducts, Ross Duncan, in Gay and Mackie (ed.s) Semantic Techniques in Quantum Computation, Cambridge University Press, 2010, ISBN: 9780521513746 arXiv:0903.5154 PDF
- Graphical Reasoning in Compact Closed Categories for Quantum Computation, Lucas Dixon and Ross Duncan, Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence vol 56 (1) pp23-42. 2009, DOI: 10.1007/s10472-009-9141-x PDF
- Graph States and the necessity of the Euler decoposition, Ross Duncan and Simon Perdrix, in Ambos-Spies et al., (ed.s) Proceedings of CIE 2009, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 5635, pp285-296, Springer, 2009. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-03073-4 PDF
- Interacting Quantum Observables, Bob Coecke and Ross Duncan , in Aceto et al., (ed.s) Proceedings of ICALP 2008 Part II, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 5126, pp209-310, Springer, 2008. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-70583-3_25 PDF NOTE: this paper is superceded by the paper above with (almost) the same name.
- A Categorical Quantum Logic, Samson Abramsky and Ross Duncan Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, vol 16 (3) pp469-489, 2006, DOI: 10.1017/S0960129506005275 PDF
My thesis was the runner-up for the British Computer Society's prize, Distinguished Dissertations in Theoretical Computer Science. You can dowload it here: Types for Quantum Computing
Some talks I have given can be found here.
- Email : email@example.com
- Telephone : +32 2 650 5512
- Post: Ross Duncan
Laboratoire d'Information Quantique CP225
Université Libre de Bruxelles
Boulevard du Triomphe